Read or Download An Etymological Dictionary of Astronomy and Astrophysics (English, Persian, French) PDF
Best mathematicsematical physics books
Fish sensory platforms were largely studied not just as a result of a large common curiosity within the behavioral and sensory body structure of this staff, but additionally simply because fishes are well matched as organic versions for reviews of sensory structures. This quantity describes how fish may be able to understand their actual and organic atmosphere, and highlights many of the intriguing advancements in molecular biology of fish sensory structures.
In March 2001, the nationwide Institutes of healthiness issued the subsequent caution: "The variety of websites providing health-related assets grows on a daily basis. Many websites supply precious info, whereas others can have info that's unreliable or deceptive. " additionally, due to the fast elevate in Internet-based details, many hours may be wasted looking, opting for, and printing.
The exploration of the 1st billion years of the heritage of the Universe represents one of many nice demanding situations of up to date astrophysics. in this time, the 1st buildings begin to shape the 1st stars, galaxies, and probably additionally quickly the 1st quasars. while, gentle involves the darkish, impartial Universe.
Strength is throughout us. people use power, machines use power, and warmth and gear use strength. strength is located in lots of varieties, and there are numerous strength resources. individuals are operating to improve new, renewable resources of strength for destiny generations.
- Semiconductor Disk Lasers: Physics and Technology
- Annual Review of Nursing Research, Volume 7, 1989: Focus on Physiological Aspects of Care
- N-Acetylglutamate Synthase Deficiency - A Bibliography and Dictionary for Physicians, Patients, and Genome Researchers
- 3-Methylglutaconic Aciduria - A Bibliography and Dictionary for Physicians, Patients, and Genome Researchers
Extra info for An Etymological Dictionary of Astronomy and Astrophysics (English, Persian, French)
Antennae, plural of → antenna; → galaxy. Pers šâk, cf. Skt. sakha- "a branch, a limb," Arm. cax, Lit. S. : principe anthropique The idea that the existence of life and, in particular, our presence as intelligent observers, constrains the nature of the Universe. It is an attempt to explain the observed fact that the fundamental constants of physics and chemistry are just right or fine-tuned to allow the Universe and life to exist. Anthropic, from Gk. anthropikos "human," from anthropos "human being, man;" → principle.
07. Alpheratz is a blue → subgiant star of spectral typ B8 IV lying at a distance of about 97 light-years. It is particularly remarkable because of the unusual strength of mercury and manganese absorption lines in its spectrum. Other names for this star are Alpherat, Sirrah, or Sirah. These names derive from Ar. As-Surrat al-Faras (" )سرفلا رسلاThe Horse's Navel," from surrat (" ) رسnavel" + faras (" )سرفhorse". The name refers to the location of the star in the figure of → Pegasus. However, the star is now considered to belong to the constellation → Andromeda.
Pers. dasta-; Av. zasta-; cf. Skt. hásta-; Gk. kheir; L. praesto "at hand;" Arm. jern "hand;" Lith. pa-žastis "arm-pit;" PIE *ghes-to-) + -ak suffix denoting relation, affinity, similarity. 4 km/s) relative to general field stars in the Galaxy. Antapex from L. → ant-→ anti- "against, opposite" + L. → apex "summit, peak, tip". Pers. cakât "summit," → apex. : Antarctique The south polar area, south of latitude 66° 33' 8" S. Fr. L. antarcticus, from Gk. antarktikos "opposite the north," from → anti- "opposite" + arktikos→ arctic.