By Peter Cooper
Based at the best-selling first version, Beginning Ruby: From amateur to specialist, moment Edition is the prime consultant for all types of reader who desires to research Ruby from the floor up.
the hot version of this booklet offers an identical very good advent to Ruby because the first variation plus updates for the most recent model of Ruby, together with the addition of the Sinatra and Ramaze net program frameworks and a bankruptcy on GUI improvement so builders can reap the benefits of those new developments.
Beginning Ruby begins via explaining the rules at the back of object-oriented programming and inside of a couple of chapters builds towards making a complete Ruby program. by means of the top of the e-book, as well as in-depth wisdom of Ruby, you'll even have uncomplicated realizing of many ancillary applied sciences equivalent to SQL, XML, net frameworks, and networking.
* Introduces readers to the Ruby programming language
* Takes readers from uncomplicated programming talents to internet improvement with themes like Ruby-based frameworks and GUI programming
* Covers many ancillary applied sciences in an effort to offer a broader photo (e.g., databases, XML, community daemons)
<h3>What you'll learn</h3> * comprehend the fundamentals of Ruby and object-oriented construction blocks.
* paintings with Ruby libraries, gem stones, and documentation.
* paintings with documents and databases.
* Write and installation Ruby applications.
* discover Ruby net frameworks and elements of community programming with Ruby.
* boost computer and GUI functions with Ruby.
<h3>Who is that this ebook for?</h3>
Beginning programmers, programmers new to Ruby, and net builders drawn to understanding the principles of the language
Read Online or Download Beginning Ruby: From Novice to Professional (2nd Edition) PDF
Similar software development books
Of the pc industry's best-selling authors and teachers go back with a brand new version of the software program administration e-book that began a revolution.
With humor and knowledge drawn from years of administration and consulting event, DeMarco and Lister reveal that the foremost problems with software program improvement are human, no longer technical—and that managers forget about them at their peril.
Improve primary worth and identify aggressive virtue with management Agility even if you’re major a firm, a staff, or a venture, Stand again and convey can provide the agile management instruments you’ll have to in attaining step forward degrees of functionality. This ebook brings jointly instantly usable frameworks and step by step procedures that assist you concentration all of your efforts the place they subject such a lot: providing company worth and development aggressive virtue.
A thorough method of getting IT initiatives performed speedier and less expensive than a person thinks possible
Software in 30 Days summarizes the Agile and Scrum software program improvement process, which permits production of game-changing software program, in exactly 30 days. initiatives that use it are 3 times extra profitable than those who do not. software program in 30 Days is for the company supervisor, the entrepreneur, the product improvement supervisor, or IT supervisor who desires to improve software program greater and quicker than they now think attainable. find out how this unorthodox strategy works, easy methods to start, and the way to be triumphant. regulate chance, deal with tasks, and feature your humans prevail with easy yet profound shifts within the thinking.
The authors clarify robust innovations comparable to the paintings of the potential, bottom-up intelligence, and why it is advisable fail early—all with out threat more than thirty days.
* The productiveness achieve vs conventional "waterfall" tools has been over a hundred% on many projects
* writer Ken Schwaber is a co-founder of the Agile software program circulate, and co-creator, with Jeff Sutherland, of the "Scrum" process for construction software program in 30 days
* Coauthor Jeff Sutherland was once cosigner of the Agile Manifesto, which marked the beginning of the Agile movement
Software in 30 Days is a must-read for all managers and enterprise proprietors who use software program of their businesses or of their items and need to forestall the cycle of gradual, pricey software program improvement. Programmers probably want to purchase copies for his or her managers and their consumers so that they will understand how to collaborate to get the easiest paintings attainable.
- Apprenticeship Patterns: Guidance for the Aspiring Software Craftsman (1st Edition)
- Telling Stories: A Short Path to Writing Better Software Requirements
- Constructing Correct Software: The Basics, Edition: 1st Edition
- Evidence-Based Software Engineering and Systematic Reviews (Chapman & Hall/CRC Innovations in Software Engineering and Software Development Series)
- Software Ecosystem: Understanding an Indispensable Technology and Industry (MIT Press)
- Ontologies for Software Engineering and Software Technology
Additional resources for Beginning Ruby: From Novice to Professional (2nd Edition)
That’s enough of the errors for now though. Let’s make something useful! Turning Ideas into Ruby Code Part of the artistry of programming is in being able to turn your ideas into computer programs. Once you become proficient with a programming language, you can turn your ideas directly into code. However, before you can do this, you need to see how Ruby understands real-world concepts itself, and how you can relay your ideas into a form that Ruby appreciates. How Ruby Understands Concepts with Objects and Classes Ruby is an object-oriented programming language.
Once you’ve run irb, you should get the following output: irb(main):001:0> If running irb results in a similar output, you can move on to Chapter 2. ) Otherwise, read on to install a fresh version of Ruby. Installing Ruby with a Package Manager The installation procedure for Ruby on Linux varies between different Linux distributions. Some distributions, such as Gentoo, Debian, and Red Hat, provide “package managers” to make installation of programs easy. Others require that you install directly from source or install a package manager beforehand.
This is because using a command prompt such as this is a standard technique in operating systems such as Linux and OS X. For example, in Chapter 7 we’ll look at installing extra features (libraries) for Ruby, and the command prompt will be used for this. Therefore, it’s necessary for you to know how to access it and run programs. If you type c:\ruby\bin\irb at this prompt and press Enter, you should see something like the following: irb(main):001:0> If you see the preceding line, everything is set up correctly, and you can type exit and press Enter to be returned to the command prompt.